Every year severe storms and tornadoes wreak havoc and destroy homes and properties throughout the South West.
Prepare your home and stay storm safe:
- Check and repair your roof and guttering to keep it waterproof
- Clean gutters and downpipes of leaf litter, so that heavy storm water can drain away
- Trim branches clear of your home and get a professional contractor to clear trees from power lines
- Clear your yard of loose objects that could cause damage if picked up by high winds
- Have a torch and radio with spare batteries available in case of power cuts
- Plastic bags and sheeting are useful to keep possessions dry in case of storm damage to your home or property
- Keep a card with emergency numbers for SES (132 500), Bureau of Meteorology (1900 155 349), Western Power (13 13 51), insurance company and gas supplier.
- Keep up-to-date with storm warnings via Emergency WA