KidSport is a State Government funded program which makes it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation by offering financial assistance towards club fees. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance of up to $150 per calendar year towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their local government.
Who is eligible?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card.
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (to register with City of Bunbury, the child must live in the City of Bunbury).
- Funding will be deducted from the registration or membership fees of the nominated club up to a maximum of up to $150 per child per calendar year. Applicants can apply for multiple clubs per calendar year, if the total does not exceed $150.
To apply for KidSport:
- Online: Go to KidSport and submit an application, or
- Complete an application form located at the South West Sports Centre and submit it along with a copy of your Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card. Please wait three working days before returning to the South West Sports Centre to collect your validated form and take it to your club.
Participants and Clubs who have any questions about KidSport can contact the City of Bunbury’s Sport and Recreation Department.