The community is being encouraged to share their vision for Bunbury at a series of pop-up events this month that will help the City develop its Strategic Community Plan.
The City is keen to hear what residents would like to see change or stay the same, the ideas for our growing City and also what kind of community people like living in.
These community conversations will be taking place on:
• Thursday, 16 November from 1pm-4pm at the Parks Shopping Centre, in the foyer out the front of Nextra Newsagency;
• Friday, 17 November from 9am-12noon at Bunbury Centrepoint Shopping Centre, in the foyer out the front of Coles Supermarket;
• Friday, 17 November from 1pm-4pm at Bunbury Forum Shopping Centre, in the foyer opposite Sunglasses Hut;
• Saturday, 18 November from 8am-11am at the Bunbury Markets, which are held at Queens Gardens;
• And Thursday, 23 November from 6pm-8pm at Bunbury Regional Art Gallery Dance Studio (entry via Wellington street car park lower level).
Bunbury Mayor Gary Brennan encouraged people to drop in at any time during the events and have a chat for as little or as long as you like.
“By participating in our community conversation, people can share their vision for Bunbury and ensure that Council considers what is important to them when developing our new Strategic Community Plan,” Mr Brennan said.
“We are very keen to ensure that we engage in two-way conversations with our community and this is another opportunity for residents to be involved in the future of our city.”
The Strategic Community Plan is the City’s highest level strategic document that will outline the long-term vision, values, aspirations and priorities for Bunbury over the next 10 years.
The Plan will then drive the development of local plans, resourcing strategies, service levels and other strategic documents required by the City of Bunbury to deliver on the overall community vision.