The April school holidays are nearly here and there are plenty of activities and programs in the City of Bunbury.
From playing in nature, to kids adventures and even art and crafts - you'll find something to suit all ages.
YOUTH WEEK ACTIVITIES
Youth Week runs from 9 to 16 April to celebrate and embrace young people within our community. To celebrate, the City of Bunbury in collaboration with its Youth Advisory Council present two events held in Centenary Gardens. Click on the links below to find out more:
· Outdoor Cinema - Friday 9 April, 6pm (screening Ride Like A Girl, rated PG)
· Amazing Race - Tuesday 13 April, 10am to 1pm (for ages 12 to 25)
For a full list of Youth Week activities happening throughout Bunbury Geographe, visit the Bunbury Youth / by YAC Facebook page.
GRANDFAMILIES FUN DAY
Thursday 15 April, 10am to 2pm at Bunbury Wildlife Park
GrandFamilies Fun Day is a family-friendly event celebrating the important relationship between grandparents and grandchildren. Entry is $5 for anyone over three years old (under three are free).
There will be a host of intergenerational and child-friendly activities including bouncy castle, train irdes, climbing wall and roving entertainment. Local service agencies will also be there providing information and interactive activities.
For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
CITY OF BUNBURY LIBRARIES
For more information about the Library’s programs and to book, visit: http://bunburypubliclibrary.eventbrite.com/
· Easter Egg Hunt and Baskets
Thursday 1 April, 4.30pm to 5.30pm (FREE)
This event is a free event for children (only) open to ages 3 to 12 years. Note: Spaces are limited, bookings are required for children only. Tickets for parents/guardians are not required. Tickets available 15/3/21.
· Goosebumps Scavenger Hunt
Tuesday 6 April to Friday 16 April (FREE)
Join us during opening hours at Bunbury Public Library between Tuesday 6 April and Friday 16 April and locate the Goosebumps characters hidden around the library. Grab an entry form in the children's area/front desk for your chance to win one of three Goosebumps prize packs! Open to all ages and abilities. Bookings not required.
· Self-Defence for Kids Workshop
Tuesday 6 April, 10am to 11am ($5pp)
Join Eskrima Club Bunbury and in this introductory self-defence workshop for kids aged 10+ years. Bookings required.
· Illustration Workshop with Wendy Binks (two sessions)
Thursday 8 April, 10.30am and 12.30pm ($5pp)
Suitable for ages 5+ years. Spaces are limited, bookings are essential.
· Playdough Challenge Day and Competition
Friday 9 April, 10am to 2pm (FREE)
Challenge your friends or siblings in one or more of our Playdough Challenges! Join us, pick a challenge table, construct it using the materials provided, take a selfie with your completed challenge and send it to us to win. Entries close 9am Monday 12 April 2021.
· Craft Day at the Library
Tuesday 13 April, 10am to 2pm (FREE)
This session is a self-paced activity for children aged 5-15years and requires children to be supervised by an accompanying adult.
· SuperSonic Science at Bunbury Library (two sessions)
Friday 16 April, 10.30am to 11.45am & 12.30pm to 1.45pm ($8pp)
Join us for some seriously spectacular science and entertainment with SuperSonic Science, as they perform booming, banging, bubbling hands-on experiments. Bookings essential. Ages 5 to 13 years.
SOUTH WEST SPORTS CENTRE
South West Sports Centre has the kids covered with our programs running over the April school holidays!
· Little Lappers Holiday Swim program runs for one week from 12 to 16 April 2021. This five-day program with classes for infants and toddlers through Stage 13. We are also offering an All Access & Inclusion class for adults. Enrolments open Monday 15 March. For more information and to download an enrolment form, click here.
· School Holiday Kids Club - let us look after the kids while you work out! Our in-house program runs each weekday morning from 8.45am to 12pm. Prices start at $5.10 with mini-sports, games, creative and sensory activities on offer every day by our qualified child care staff. Bookings are essential - click here.
· Jitterbugs Crèche is open weekdays 8am to 12 noon throughout the school holidays. For further information click here.
For more information visit the South West Sports Centre Website.
BUNBURY WILDLIFE PARK
BUNBURY MUSEUM AND HERITAGE CENTRE
Come into the Bunbury Museum for these fun activities, click on the links below for more information.
· Make a Working Lighthouse - Wednesday 7 April, 10am to 12pm ($6pp)
· Rosemary for ANZAC Day - Wednesday 14 April, 10am to 12pm ($5pp)
Bookings can be made via the Bunbury Museum and Heritage Centre's Eventbrite page.
BUNBURY REGIONAL ART GALLERY
· Painting Patterns on BRAG's Piano - Saturday 10 April, 10am to 4pm (FREE)
· Shifting Perspectives- Tuesday 6 April, 10am to 12pm ($20pp + booking fee)
· Cardboard Utopia- Thursday 8 April, 10am to 4pm ($50pp + Booking fee)
· Art Classes - various dates, find them on BRAG's Facebook page.
Click here to visit BRAG’s website.